Monday, July 22, 2013

x1 week

It's my x1 week this week on the 5-3-1 plan, meaning I am trying to hit my heaviest weights this cycle for single reps or more. I love x1 week because it can show how much progress I have made over the past month, but it can also be a bit of a heartbreaker.

This morning was bench day, and I went in feeling good. My form felt on, I think I have developed a solid pre-lift routine and am able to stick to it easily and it helps set me up with a tight back and decent amount of leg drive. 100#x5 went up pretty easily, 115#x3 required a little more effort, but I still felt good. Eric showed up in time to spot me on 115# and 130#, which was good because 130# wouldn't budge off my chest. My butt came off the bench and I still couldn't get it moving, so Eric had to help me pretty much the whole way up. I followed that fail up with a very slow eccentric to at least get myself adjusted to the weight, and that actually went better as I was able to control it the whole way down, even the last few inches before it hit my chest. Still, I am bummed to not be able to record 130#x1 in my book.

Training:
Warm-up: Landmine press and band pull-aparts
Main lift: Bench and cable rows
Accessory: Band chin-ups and triceps work.

No comments:

Post a Comment