Thursday, July 11, 2013

Things I learned at the gym this morning

1) I vastly prefer split-jerks to push-presses, and had a successful and satisfying "Overhead Press Day" for the first time in a while.
2) While not the definition of comfortable, wearing a thong under running capris for lifting is actually not that bad and does address the giant panty-line issue that plagues me otherwise. Further testing will be required before it becomes a regular thing.
3) When Eric knows we're competing, he always wins. The last time we did med ball slams for time (12#x100) I smoked him (he says he didn't know we were competing - whatever). Today, with the explicit knowledge it was a competition he completed 50 unbroken slams with a 15# ball, I was still at 40 or 41 when he finished. He is very athletic.

Training today:

Warmup: Is, Ts, Ys
"Overhead Press": 6 sets of split-jerks working up to 94#x7 and 1 set of strict OHP at 65#x5. Supersetted with inverted rows.
Accessory work: Two supersets of pressing and lat/midback work.
Finisher: Medball slams.

1 comment:

  1. I am cracking up about the three things you learned today at the gym. Particularly item number 2. I hate thongs. But they do serve a purpose!

    ReplyDelete