Thursday, July 18, 2013

Easy day

Training today felt good, and almost easy. Although by almost easy, I mean I was able to complete my entire program without thinking about whether or not I needed to shorten it in order to not completely fry myself for the rest of the week. Chris wrote me new programming last week and it is exactly on point for what I need right now (as per the usual), and also pretty intensely exhausting. Getting new programming is one of my favorite training times, but I always forget that even if the muscles/movements targeted by the exercises are similar to my old program, the newness of it takes some getting used to.

I think it helped that I was lifting with both Keith and Eric, so probably took longer rests between sets than I would usually, and I know my vanity/pride usually compels me to work extra hard when they're around, which maybe is why today felt easier.

But regardless of the reason, it was nice to have an "easy" day.

Training:
Warmup: Is, Ts, Ys
"Overhead Press": 6 sets of split-jerk working up to 99#x5. Strict OHP 65#x7.
(I popped myself in the chin with the bar on my second rep of my last split-jerk set, so was happy to be able to pull it together and finish the set.)
2 super-sets of accessory work: Speed bench and lat work; single-arm floor press and upper back work
Finisher: 1000m Erg

No comments:

Post a Comment