Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Tomorrow

For as long as I have had intentions to change my body through eating better! exercising more! being perfect! (so, essentially since the age of 12 or so) tomorrow was always a magical day. Tomorrow was the day I would start doing everything I planned out while laying in bed at night, hating on my fat self and making sincere promises to swear off dessert and actually work out at the gym instead of watching TV while sitting on an exercise bike (I did this in high school. A lot.)

For the past couple of years, and certainly for the past 19 months since my era of Fitness Insanity began, I have been much more focused on my activities of Today and proud of that fact, but mentally I often still live in a land of tomorrows. I plan a lot in advance: what I will eat (planned out in advance the night before), what weights I will lift (planned out every Sunday for the week), where I will be in 3, 6, 12 months (planned out and revised every couple months at least.)

Tomorrow (real, actual tomorrow) is a big day. I am starting a new nutrition plan from Jen Comas Keck, and while I am excited about this, I am also a little apprehensive, because I have kid-like expectations about what tomorrow will bring. I hired Jen because I need the same sort of accountability in my nutrition and eating that Chris (trainer/coach/friend/life mentor/more on him later) has provided for me in the weight room and the gym, and I know that she will provide that. I also know that I will not, magically, on Day 1 of this new plan, become the ripped hottie of my dreams. That has eluded me thus far for many reasons (including, but not limited to: chocolate chip cookies, ice cream, booze, oatmeal cookie dough, peanut butter, almond butter, regular butter, banana bread, etc, etc, etc, and in truth, not exactly knowing what that ripped hottie actually looks like.) But I do hope and dream and plan that tomorrow might be the start of the road that ends at ripped hottie. We'll see.

Training today - Squat Deload:
With Eric, who came mostly to hang out as he's still recovering from his 150 mile Ride for MS over the weekend. I am really touched when he does this, even if it's not just for me (I think he also just likes getting to the gym, but either way, I think it's real nice.)

Warmup: Kettlebells

Squat:

  • 3x5 warmup sets
  • 3x5 working sets max at 177#x5
  • 3 sets at 111# w/ miniband around knees (to work on my caving in knees whenever the bar gets heavy.)

Accessory work: Deadlifts (with the new stance) and stepups; more kettlebells and a 1-mile treadmill sprint in 8:00 flat (woot!)

No comments:

Post a Comment