Saturday, July 13, 2013

Solo deadlift day

Gym time felt classic today. It was just me (pretty much literally, I love the Y on Saturday mornings), my music (old school Phat Beetz) and the weights. I had planned to go to Cambridge Strength and Conditioning for my deadlift session but when I woke up this morning I didn't want to wait to work out (Cambridge S&C doesn't open until 10 or later), and I also sort of wanted to lift alone. I have really enjoyed lifting more with other people (friends from school mostly) and the camaraderie and friendly competition it creates, but I also really enjoy the solitude of working through my program alone and getting to the peaceful blank space in my head where all I can feel is my muscles burning and all I can think about is counting down reps. It was a good morning.


Training:
Kettlebell warmup
9 sets of deadlifts working up to 214#x3,2,1 (my new stance is slowly, slowly coming along)
Single leg work and core stability work.

No comments:

Post a Comment