Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Bloh Update

I'm putting this up in bullet-form because there are a couple different things I want to post about, and I am lacking the brain-space to string them together nicely in a coherent way, so here goes:

  • I have even less time than I anticipated having with Boards studying and life stuff (all good stuff!) and so this blog is getting put on hiatus until after January 29th. I have loved having this space to go to and I hope to return to it but for now I just don't have the time to keep up with it so I'm putting it on hold officially.
  • My ribs are getting better! For the last week or so I have been able to squat and deadlift heavy and relatively pain-free. I still can't bench but am hoping to be able to start with some light benching next week, we'll see how it goes. 
  • I was able to squat and deadlift at the clinic the weekend before last and I got really great feedback on my form from Brandon Lilly (he literally walked up to me and asked my name and complimented my squat form at the very beginning of the clinic. It was a pretty awesome moment.) Overall the clinic was a little disappointing in that it was targeted towards less experienced lifters, but it was definitely a confidence-booster for me and I do think I walked away with some good tips that I can apply going forward, mainly that I need to approach my squat more aggressively and with more speed going down into the hole. It was also a totally fun day catching up with Chris so I have zero complaints over all.
  • I am coming up on the end of my nutrition coaching with Jen (we're at the end of a 12 week cycle in a couple weeks and I am not planning on renewing again.) I feel like I have learned a lot from her and have some great plans to use going forward for competition-dieting as well as every day eating, but right now I don't have the drive to adhere to a strict nutrition plan. I have been indulging in holiday treats and drinks/dinner out and I have been enjoying it. I hope that I am approaching a place of more balance in my life, where I can still eat well and healthily and support my lifting but also enjoy some treats and live/eat less rigidly day-to-day. In the end, I did not achieve my goal of becoming a "ripped hottie", but I did gain a bit more self-acceptance and understanding, and I'm still okay with what I see in the mirror most days, so all in all I think working with her was a good and worthwhile investment. 
  • I am pretty sure there are things I meant to post about but am forgetting, but I need to get cracking on Boards studying, so that's what I am going to do! Right now! (Errrr, after I eat dinner.)
Over and out, blog! See you in February 2014! 

No comments:

Post a Comment